Sunday, February 14, 2010

In honor of today...

I've already expressed how I feel about the holiday today. But to show that I'm not completely bitter, here's my Valentine's Day playlist.

1.Wouldn't It Be Nice - the Beach Boys
2. My Life Would Suck Without You - Glee Cast
3. Cute - Stephen Jerzak
4. Happily Ever After - He Is We
5. I Know - Meaghan Smith
6. It's Good To Be In Love - Frou Frou
7. La Vie En Rose - Edith Piaf
8. Fly Me To the Moon - Michael Buble
9. Thorny Thicket - The Submarines
10. The Magic Position - Patrick Wolf (no, it's not about what it sounds like...)
11. Strawberry Hope - Tirzah Lemmens
12. Sweeter Than This - Katie Herzig
13. Made In Heaven - Queen
14. Something - Jim Sturgess
15. Crazy Love - Michael Buble
16. Brighter Than Sunshine - Aqualung
17. I Will Follow You Into The Dark - Death Cab For Cutie
18. You Make My Dreams - Hall & Oates
19. Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap
20. Turn Me On - Norah Jones
21. Can't Help Falling In Love - Ingrid Michaelson
22. Everything - Michael Buble
23. Stay Now - Jem
24. Little Romance - Ingrid Michaelson
25. Compliment Each Other Like Colors - PlayRadioPlay!
26. At Last - Etta James
27. Honey Bee - Zee Avi
28. Think of You - A Fine Frenzy
29. You And I - Ingrid Michaelson
30. Valentine - Derek Webb & Sandra McCracken


And then... for those of us who haven't yet experienced that crazy little thing called love, are happily (or unhappily) single, or are just waiting for a requited relationship... here's your playlist. (What I'm listening to now.)

1. Let My Love Open the Door - Sondre Lerche
2. Shadows - Au Revoir Simone
3. To Feel Love - Butterfly Boucher
4. When I'm Alone - Carbon Leaf
5. Someday You Will Be Loved - Death Cab For Cutie
6. Change of Heart - El Perro Del Mar
7. Pony (Go On) - Erin McCarley
8. No, My Heart Will Go On - Gigi
9. I'm In - Amy Stroup
10. Blame It On The Rain - He Is We
11. Love You Much Better - The Hush Sound
12. Die Alone - Ingrid Michaelson
13. Falling For You - Jem
14. Jenny Lynn - Katie Herzig
15. Unlovable - The Smiths
16. Love Is Dead - The Lovemakers
17. Don't Fall In Love - Matthew Perryman Jones
18. Here Comes Your Man - Meaghan Smith
19. Reasons To Love You - Meiko
20. Seven Years - Norah Jones
21. Love Comes - The Posies
22. Somebody To Love - Queen
23. Haven't Met You Yet - Michael Buble
24. Waking Life - Schuyler Fisk
25. Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want - The Smiths
26. Existentialism on Prom Night - Straylight Run
27. Brighter Discontent - The Submarines
28. Wish - Tirzah Lemmens
29. Down To The Garden - Tyler James
30. Monte - Zee Avi
31. Even If It Breaks Your Heart - Will Hoge
32. Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me - The Smiths
33. A Little Love - Meaghan Smith
34. Strange & Beautiful (I'll Put a Spell on You) - Aqualung
35. Smile (Charlie Chaplin cover) - Glee Cast
36. Unsafe Safe - The Hush Sound
37. All My Only Dreams - The Wonders
38. Breakable - Ingrid Michaelson
39. I Am A Rock - Simon & Garfunkel
40. If You Find Her - Future of Forestry


Tell someone you love them, buy yourself flowers, hide from the happy, lovey-dovey world under a thick blanket, wear black, listen to sad love songs, watch a corny movie, watch a horror movie to distract yourself from the world around you, or whatever else you want to do to celebrate today.





As much as I dislike Valentines Day, I must admit that this is an adorable piece of artwork, and I couldn't help but to post it today. I apologize for the inconsistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment