Sunday, April 24, 2011

more than a day for eggs




I see Your face in every sunrise
The colors of the morning are inside Your eyes
The world awakens in the light of the day
I look up to the sky and say
You're beautiful

I see Your power in the moonlit night
Where planets are in motion and galaxies are bright
We are amazed in the light of the stars
It's all proclaiming who You are
You're beautiful, You're beautiful

I see You there hanging on a tree
You bled and then You died and then You rose again for me
Now You are sitting on Your heavenly throne
Soon we will be coming home
You're beautiful, You're beautiful

When we arrive at eternity's shore
Where death is just a memory and tears are no more
We'll enter in as the wedding bells ring
Your bride will come together and we'll sing
You're beautiful

4 comments:

  1. Very nice photos and writing. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Phil Wickham, how I love thee. Thanks. This post is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I carry you around everywhere I go
    When I lift my hands to pray I bear you up
    When He speaks you shimmer enabling me to hear
    Even in thinking you stretch out an edge of my imaginative space
    Helping me apprehend incomparable grace


    I hold your heart like a newborn babe
    Cradled with all my care
    Awed by the life that glows
    Precious but unaware

    Strong yet soft, towering yet tender
    Angels incline considering forever
    What manner of love does God bestow
    To human hearts that struggle so?

    He sends His peace, His glory thunders
    Our pain to melt, and fears to plunder
    In touching you I touch Him
    Becoming whole now breathing in
    The peace the joy that banishes sin

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Garden from Need to Breathe

    http://youtu.be/570-ITm4IT0

    ReplyDelete